The Local 518 Show
Thursdays at 11pm
- Hosted by Andy Gregory
WEXT’s original half hour show dedicated to new and significant music from the Local 518's diverse music scene. Each episode also features a deep classic from the local music scene’s past.
You’ll hear a variety of artists and genres from the Local 518; from Bryan Thomas to Mary Leigh Roohan, from Jocelyn & Chris Arndt to Conehead Buddha, from Bob Warren to Sandy McKnight, from North & South Dakotas to The Sea The Sea and even national breakouts like Sean Rowe and Sawyer Fredericks and Phantogram and Sirsy.
The Local 518 Show showcases original music from bands and musicians based in, or have strong ties to, the Capital District. Each show features a classic song/band from generally a decade or more ago. The roots rock format of 97.7 WEXT-FM is generally a determining factor for airplay, but nearly all, except for extreme styles of music, are considered. All submissions will be listened to, but cannot guarantee submissions will be played on-air.
* Submissions must ONLY be made by band/artist or designated representative.
* Provide band/artist name, album/song names, track listing, contact name & email, website/social media info, and where the band/artist is from.
* A brief bio is helpful.
* For unconventional spellings, a pronunciation guide is helpful.
* For albums/EP's, please indicate up to 3 tracks/songs to be considered.
* Profanity is strongly discouraged. Identify which songs are not FCC-clean for airplay. If it's in a song you would like us to consider, please provide a cleaned-up version, or note the word and time-stamp it occurs.
Send CD's and information noted above to:
Attn: The Local 518 Show
4 Global View
Troy, NY 12180
Email a download link to music and info noted above to email@example.com. Include in the subject line "Local 518 Show Submission". The preferred format is MP3 encoded at 320kbs or wav files. Use of free transfer and cloud-based storage is encouraged.
Produced by WEXT-FM/Amsterdam, a service of WMHT Educational Telecommunications.
Click here for the 2015 Archive.